Edible and fragrant Christmas planters
With these planters, you’ll most probably have what you need at home. Having the classic Christmas-coloured gummies in your gumboot pile is a good start, but you can use any colour you have! The great thing with this DIY is that it’s a very easy project for little people to help with – and help eat once the fruit starts ripening! Pop by the front door to add a welcoming festive entrance for your visitors, or at the backdoor for yourself!
- Gumboots (in a festive colour if you like!)
- Saucers (to stop water getting into the gumboot)
- Strawberry straw
- Stuff your gumboots with newspaper, so the pot doesn’t fall in. This will also to give your gumboot some shape.
- Put saucer near the top of the gumboot.
- Put plants in and push down, so they’re level with the top of the gumboot.
- Scatter some strawberry straw around the top – to cover the soil, so it can help retain water, and to give your project a bit of class.
- Keep your plant watered; it’s a living project after all.
- You can use lots of different plants. Strawberries, herbs, poinsettia, etc. Anything that looks festive, smells good, or you can eat!
By Kineta Booker