Add some bright, playful colours to your life, like this piece made by AUSTEN BOOKER, with help from his mum.
During the July school holidays, Austen attended a class at Paint ‘n’ Sip where he was taught how to bring characters to life with fluoro paints and stencils. With Resene’s range of neon paints, you can create this too. There’s no excuse not to add splashes of colour to your life, and even put a blacklight to good use!
Any of the following Resene FX Fluoro paints:
- Resene FX Fluoro Green
- Resene FX Fluoro Yellow
- Resene FX Fluoro Pink
- Resene FX Fluoro Blue
- Resene FX Fluoro Orange
- Resene White paint
- Resene All Black
- Resene Alabaster
- Resene paintbrushes
- Blacklight (if you have one)
- For the best fluoro effect, paint the whole canvas in Resene White first.
- Think of the canvas as in three sections. Start from the bottom, painting one of your Resene FX Fluoro colours over it. Then do that two more times, over the other two thirds.
- If you’re in a rush to finish your masterpiece, use a hairdryer to dry the base.
- Repeat Step 2 to get a nice, bold base. (And repeat Step 3 if you want to dry it faster.)
- Take your pencil and trace around your stencil. Do this freehand if you want to.
- Take a fine paintbrush and trace over the pencil line with Resene All Black.
- Next, fill in the character with a thicker paintbrush, once again using Resene All Black.
- Like Austen’s, you might like your character to stand on a hill, or something similar, so it’s not just sitting there in the middle of the picture.
- Finish off by flicking Resene Alabaster onto the top of the canvas to look like it’s a night full of stars.
For all your DIY projects, big or small, visit your nearest Resene ColorShop.