Bring some bling and greenery to any occasion. Made by KINETA BOOKER.
- Terracotta pots
- Resene Terracotta Sealer
- Resene Quick Dry – undercoat (small pot)
- Testpots – undercoat: Resene Dusty Road; Resene Coriander
- Testpots – Resene FX Metallics: Resene Goldmine; Resene Stun
- Resene paintbrushes (I used PAL Detail Brush Number 6 for undercoats; PAL Detail Brush Number 2 for Resene FX Metallic coats)
- Wooden stick to stir Resene FX Metallic pots
- Gardening gloves
- Potting mix
- Coat the terracotta pots inside and out with Resene Terracotta Sealer.
- Once dry, apply Resene Quick Dry as a fast-drying undercoat.
- Then, paint each pot with the assigned undercoat for each Resene FX Metallic paint. Allow to dry.
- Take time to stir each Resene FX Metallic paint pot so the sparkle is mixed through the paint. Paint two to three layers, allowing drying time after each layer. Use a criss-cross technique when painting. This ensures maximum sparkle and great results.
- Pop your gardening gloves on, and half-fill each painted pot with soil. Put a small plant in and fill to near the top with more soil.
TIP: A great idea for Christmas presents because they’re pretty and made from the heart!
TIP: A basecoat is recommended for all Resene FX Metallics – with the specific colour shown in brackets on the colour chart.
For all your DIY projects, big or small, visit your nearest Resene ColorShop. resene.co.nz/colorshops