Roll into spring!
Who can resist fresh spring ingredients wrapped in a delicious roll? Enjoy them with a salad or as perfectly parcelled snacks on their own!
FRESH PRAWN SPRING ROLLS
Prep time: 40 mins
- 8 x 22cm round rice paper sheets
- 100-150g of rice vermicelli noodles
- 24 cooked prawns (or 400g of cooked chicken breast)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin slices
- Generous bunch of mint
- Generous bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Place noodles in a bowl of boiling water until tender (about 5 mins).
- Prepare a clean, dry space for assembling the rice paper rolls with a bowl of warm water that is wide enough to fit the rice paper in.
- Soak one piece of rice paper until it is just softened and shake off excess water as you lift it out of the bowl. Lay on prepared space.
- Place three prawns (or chicken) slightly to one side of the centre and top with a small amount of noodles, grated carrot, red pepper and some mint and coriander leaves. Sprinkle over a few chopped peanuts.
- Fold the edge over the ingredients, then fold in the ends and roll up. Repeat until all eight are made.
- Place on serving plate with prawns facing up. Serve two per person with sweet chilli sauce in a small dish.
Nicola Fraher is a nutritionist and chef whose passion is cooking and sharing nourishing food. She has her own business, Nourish, and is excited to be launching Nourish Cooking Demos in the next few months. Watch this space for more info or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also follow her on social media: facebook.com/nourishnutritionltd or insta@nourish_nz