Rock out in your garden
Add some colourful characters to your garden, like this ladybug. Made by KINETA BOOKER.
With Resene’s wide range of colourful paints and plenty of painted rock ideas on Pinterest, your garden will soon be full of cheeky characters these holidays.
- Stones of all shapes and sizes
- Resene testpots: Resene Bright Red, Resene All Black, Resene Alabaster
- Resene Clearcoat UVS or Resene Art Action Glaze gloss (if you want a gloss finish)
- Resene detail paintbrushes
- Find some nice flat stones. Give them a good wash and leave them to dry.
- Use Resene Bright Red as the undercoat. Once dry, give it a second coat.
- As shown in the photo, use Resene All Black to paint a centre line so that it looks like the rock has two wings. Then add some spots and a head to the ladybug.
- Use Resene Alabaster and Resene All Black for the eyes.
- If you prefer a low sheen then you’re done! For a shiny finish use Resene Clearcoat UVS or Resene Art Action Glaze gloss as a topcoat.
TIP: To label plants, find palm-sized rocks, grab some Resene Blackboard Paint and give them a couple of coats. Write on them with chalk and you have some stylish plant markers.
For all your DIY projects, big or small, visit your nearest Resene ColorShop. resene.co.nz/colorshops