Terms & Privacy
1. The Promoter is, LGP Consulting the publisher of Family Times Magazine.
2. Information on prizes and how to enter Family Times Magazine competitions form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
3. By entering Family Times Magazine competitions, entrants accept the above-stated Terms & Conditions of Entry.
4. Entry to Family Times Magazine competitions are open to all New Zealand residents; excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related companies.
5. To enter Family Times Magazine competitions, entrants must answer all competition questions and entries must be received by the Promoter by the close of business on the specified closing date.
6. Prize winners of Family Times Magazine competitions are selected at 1/69 St Albans St, St Albans, Christchurch 8014 on the specified competition judging date. Winners are contacted by email or mail within 5 business days of selection.
7. The judges’ decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Some competitions are games of skill and as such, winning entries are selected based on the creativity of entries submitted.
9. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
10. If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
11. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winning and may wish to seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
12. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
13. All prize winners agree to the use of their name and address suburb for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion – where applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
16. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof).
17. The Promoter, their associated agencies and companies associated with this competition take no responsibility for prize damage or lost in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
18a. Each entrant’s personal information (“PI”) is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The PI of winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested PI, may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion to be ineligible to win a prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
20. All entries become the property of Family Times Magazine. As such, Family Times Magazine is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property in the winning responses.
21. The laws of New Zealand govern Family Times Magazine competitions.
22. For all travel prizes; Passports, any requisite visas, spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. The winner and companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will not be redeemable for cash and is subject to booking and flight availability. Itineraries are to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
23. During the entire duration of the travel prizes, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age unless otherwise stated. The winner (and his/her companion) is responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Winner may be required to present credit card at time of accommodation check in.
24. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
26. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions at a later date.
27. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes from the draw date. Prizes will be sent to delivery address provided by the winners. The Promoter and prize suppliers will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
P O Box 36 004
CHRISTCHURCH, Canterbury 8146
Last Edited on 2017-08-09