Made with love
Little hands love creating things for their family and friends. Made by AUSTEN BOOKER, with help from his mum.
It’s easy to get creative with Resene’s wide range of colourful paints which have an excellent finish to them. When you combine different colours together with the Resene FX Metallic range, the result is a sparkly success.
- Testpots: Resene Bright Red, Resene Coriander, Resene FX Metallic Goldmine, Resene FX Metallic Silver Aluminum, Resene Pelorous
- A piece of a cardboard box
- 2 x pieces of white card
- Photo frame
- Heart stencil (or a steady hand)
- Stanley knife (or a good pair of scissors)
- On one piece of card, put blobs of Resene paint all over the first two thirds.
- Tear a flap off a cardboard box, which will give the artwork texture.
- Just like in the photo, drag the piece of cardboard from left to right.
- If you’re happy with how it looks, leave it to dry. If not, run the cardboard across the paint once more. Leave to dry.
- In the meantime, draw a heart with a stencil or freehand on the second piece of card. Cut the shape out and discard the shape.
- Once the artwork is dry, put it together with the heart-shaped frame inside the photo frame.
- Hello awesome artwork!
For all your DIY projects, big or small, visit your nearest Resene ColorShop. resene.co.nz/colorshops
TIP: Resene testpots now have a little window in the top of the lid so you can see the actual colour inside. How cool is that!