Healthy role models
As a parent, you should have no doubt that you are the most influential person in your children’s lives.
Through direct interaction, or by setting an example, the parent’s own healthy or unhealthy habits will be followed by their children.
Most of our clients come to us with the goal of becoming better role models for their children. They want to be around to play with their children, to keep up with them and not feel exhausted all the time. They want to show their kids that taking care of their health, and keeping fit is important. And they want to do something for themselves, and to feel inspired to finally take care of their bodies!
When you balance family, work and other stresses, finding time for self-care can feel impossible.
One of the best self-care strategies is getting regular exercise and healthier eating. Exercising regularly is a guaranteed way to boost your confidence and mental wellbeing, as well as helping you develop a stronger, leaner body. And it’s enjoyable! Finding a routine and programme you enjoy and a community you want to be part of are key factors. These are two reasons our clients end up falling in love with fitness.
As a society we know that our kids need to move more and sit less from an early age to develop lifelong healthy habits. What better way to inspire your children to push play, than by setting that example?
Ideas for getting active
- Inflatable World! When was the last time you went down an inflatable slide, or jumped off a big inflatable ledge? SO much indoor fun for both you and your kids!
- Join your Christchurch community by exploring the walks around the city.
- Always wanted to try Zumba, Yoga or Pilates but never had the time? Give it a go, get that time back for yourself and your kids will be inspired to do the same.
- Sign up for that 8-week fitness challenge at your local gym for a fitness kick-start!
- Do you reminisce about that time you made that winning goal for your school netball team? There are tons of indoor and outdoor team sports that you can sign up for.
When you embark on a journey of health and fitness, you teach your children to have fun with exercise and how to fit it into their day-to-day lives.