Festive-smelling soy candle melts
These soy melts are an excellent gift for teachers, and they’re very easy to create once you have everything you need. Choosing a pine needle or Christmas-type fragrance adds a beautiful aroma to your gift!
- A pot or a stainless steel bowl
- A Pyrex jug or something similar – with a handle
- Mini cupcake tray or silicone moulds
- Wooden knife (or something similar)
- Pot mat
- Soy wax
- Fragrance oil
- Put half a pot or steel bowl of water on the stove to heat up.
- Measure out 1 cup of soy wax into a Pyrex jug and place into the bowl of hot water.
- When soy starts to melt, stir with wooden knife until all melted.
- Take jug out of the bowl of water and place on a pot mat, and add 2T of fragrance to melted wax and stir well.
- Pour wax mixture into moulds and allow to cool on the bench.
- Once cold, pop into a gift bag with a note, saying what they are and reminding people they’re not for eating!
- You’ll want a jug that has a pouring spout.
- Don’t allow the jug to touch the bottom of the pot.
By Kineta Booker