Early Childhood Education – Playcentre
Playcentre is a parent cooperative that offers parents and caregivers the opportunity to be involved with their child’s learning.
At Playcentre, adults play alongside their children. A child-centred programme based on your child’s fascinations, strengths, and interests allows you to encourage children as they interact with others. You will meet other parents and educators and become part of a fun, vibrant village where community and a sense of belonging are at the heart of everything we do.
Mums, dads, and all whānau, including grandparents, aunties and uncles, and other caregivers are welcome to attend Playcentre with the children.
Good for your child:
- A child-centred programme based on the individual child’s fascinations, strengths and interests.
- A high adult to child ratio.
- A wide variety of quality play and learning resources and experiences.
- Caters for age ranges from 0 – 6, so that the whole family can come to Playcentre together.
- A safe and secure environment.
- Positive and sustained interactions with other adults.
And good for you…
- Support as a parent.
- Involvement in your child’s early childhood education.
- Confidence in yourself and your parenting.
- Friendship with other parents and caregivers.
- A free education programme to develop parenting skills and understand how children learn and develop.
- Whānau social occasions.
- Opportunities to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills.
- A sense of community and belonging.
As one mother says, “I played and learnt alongside my kids until they went to school. The friendships we made as a family is priceless. Playcentre was our village. I didn’t just watch them grow; I grew with them”.
Every Playcentre offers three free visits, so come along for a visit and see what we’re all about. We have over 420 centres throughout New Zealand, so there is sure to be one near you.