Date, Oat & Coconut Choc Balls
These date, oat and coconut choc balls from beafunmum.com are a healthy and tasty way to get a burst of energy inbetween meals for kids and adults. You can easily adapt the recipe to use up whatever you have in the pantry and they freeze well. Try adding chia seeds, ground almonds, cashews or dried cranberries.
- 1 cup (150 grams) Pitted Dates
- 1 cup (150 grams) Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup extra desiccated coconut for coating
- Whizz up all ingredients in a food processor or Thermomix (slowly turn to 9 for 10 seconds) until combined well.
- Form small balls with your hands.
- Coat with the extra coconut.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Adapted from Whole Food Simply