Coconut banana bread mini muffins
Made by CATHERINE SISSONS, Guilt Free Nutritionist
This recipe is from the first of the Guilt Free seasonal cookbooks – autumn’s Satisfy. Each of this year’s four books, to compliment a different season, are packed with guilt-free breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes that will keep you satisfied for longer.
1 cup cornmeal flour
2 ripe bananas
¼ cup desiccated coconut (optional)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of rock salt
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup coconut milk
1 tbsp canola oil
- Heat oven to 180oC and spray muffin tin with oil non-stick spray.
- Mash the bananas, add coconut milk, oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- Beat the egg and add to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coconut.
- Spoon the mixture into the mini muffin tin until each space is full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked right through.
Dairy free, gluten free, nut free, and vegetarian. For an egg free recipe, replace with egg substitute.
TIP: Make for an after-school snack or lunch box filler.